|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Widespread censorship here.
- Pornography "banned"
- Government can fire or censor anyone they want in the news media
- International publications such as The Economist are restricted
- Malaysian newspapers banned
- All television and radio stations are owned by the government
Certain pages on Malayasian subjects were recently discovered to be inaccessable from at least one ISP (singnet.com.sg).
- The page can be viewed by changing the url slightly: such as encoding a few characters in hexidecimal, or using the history to find an oldid, or using a google cache. The same pages with the same content are also not inaccessable on other wikis, making this seem suspiciously targeted if it is indeed censorship.
- These return a connection timeout or blank page. This is in contrast to other blocked internet sites, such as pornography, which will return a message such as "The site you requested is not accessible. For more information please check with the Media Development Authority."
- Various pornographic sites
- Playboy (lifestyle)
- Chick.com (religious, Protestant fundamentalist cartoonist Jack Chick's website)
- penthouse.com (lifestyle)