The following porn is banned in the UK:
- 'child' porn (featuring under 18's) (PoCA; SOA), including 'pseudo-photographs' (CJA; CJaPOA)
- an act which threatens a person’s life (CJaIA)
- an act which results, or is likely to result, in serious injury to a person’s anus, breasts or genitals (CJaIA)
- an act which involves or appears to involve sexual interference with a human corpse (CJaIA)
- a person performing or appearing to perform an act of intercourse or oral sex with an animal (whether dead or alive) (CJaIA)
films that are rated 'R18' are only allowed to be sold in licenced sex-shops.
Examples of non-censorshipEdit
The sun, a popular UK newspaper, always features a page-3 model with her tits out.
The internet is relatively uncensored with regards to porn.
You are not allowed to sell porn to 'children' (defined as under 18)
I am not a lawyer, but does anyone understand the situation with reguards to:
sadistic porn: sadism is a bit hit-and-miss in the UK as to wether it counts as malicious wounding; and there are laws about showing illegal things, i think? so is/can sadistic porn be illegal?
I also seem to remember a law about simulated rape? so is rape-fetish porn illegal?
Porn censorship in different mediumsEdit
- internet -- relatively lax, tho not through intent
- books -- relatively lax
- tv -- strict. iirc, no erect cocks/penetration?
- film -- no erect cocks outside R18?