Casino Royale is a American spy movie and it was made by MGM, it was released in November 17, 2006. It is part of the James Bond franchise, due to the movie targeting a PG-13 rating in America, a 12 rating in Germany and a 12a rating in the UK it was censored. The violence was toned down in order to get these ratings.
- The scene where Le Chiffre says "You've taken good care of your body." and then puts the rope on Bonds shoulder was modified in the BBFC version. The rope was removed from the scene.
- The scene where Le Chiffre takes the rope off of Bonds shoulders and says "Now just one more swing of the rope." was cut.
- The scene where Le Chiffre uses the rope to hit Bond's genital two times was modified in the BBFC version, he now only hits Bond's genital with the rope once.
- The scene that shows a close up of Bond and then shows him crying out in pain was modified in the BBFC version, it now a more distant shot.
- The opening fight scene was modified in the MPAA version, The initial punch by Bond to Fisher's face was altered. Instead of showing Bond preparing to hit him it cuts to him punching the man's face.
- The scene where Bond smashing a cubicle door into Fisher's face was cut.
- Bond kicking Fisher in the face and moving in for another kick before Fisher throws a trash can at Bond was cut. It changed to it all being just one kick.
- The scene that shows Fisher chocking and screaming was shortened.
- The scene where Fisher drowns was shortened.
- The scene that shows Fisher kicking was replaced with more footage of Fisher drowning.
- The scene where Bond fights Obanno on the stairs was modified in the MPAA version, Obanno's bodyguard hitting the floor after Bond kicks him over the railing was cut.
- The scene where Bond smashing Obanno's head into a window was cut.
- Obanno grabbing Vesper's leg as she runs away was cut.
- The wide shot of Bond strangling Obanno was cut.
- the scene where Bond kicks Obanno in the leg and smacking him in the face was cut.
- The scene where Obannos shoves Bond into the wall was cut.
- The scene where Bond elbows Obanno two times in the back was modified in the MPAA version, it was reduced to him elbowing Obanno one time.
- Bond choking Obanno and yanking him backwards was shortened.
- The scene that shows Obanno moving his legs was cut.
- The scene that shows Obanno reaching towards his gun was cut.
- The scene that shows Obanno slowly dying due to Bond was replaced a scene showing Obanno lying on the floor dead.
- The close up on Obanno's face was cut.
- The scene that shows someone's neck being broken was cut.
- The scene where M says "I miss the Cold War." it was changed to "God, I miss the old times."
Where to find it uncensoredEdit
The movie was latter released in Britain with a uncut version on Bu-ray this uncut version has a 15 rating.