- clThis page was created about the blog ban in India, but the circumvention methods will work with other forms of censorship too.
The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it.
- Elite Proxy Switcher - Firefox Add-on to switch proxy quickly.
- httproxy - A firefox extension for proxyfing the sites. Also included pkblogs.com along with other options.
- Dilettante via pkblogs or Dilettante: A Greasemonkey script to use Coral Cache to rewrite Blogspot URLs. It's at the bottom of the post.
- Blogspot2Inblogs - A Greasmonkey script to use the service at InBlogs to rewrite Blogsport URLs.
- browseatwork.com FireFox extensions - A couple of FireFox extensions that can be used to bypass the ban.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)Edit
VPN (virtual private network) is a private communication network used by many companies and organizations to connect securely over a public network. Usually on the Internet it is encrypted and so nobody except the endpoints of the communication can look at the data traffic. Some VPN services are offered for a monthly fee, others are free or ad-supported.
Proxy server listEdit
One way to visit a blocked site is through another site, generally called a web proxy or proxy server. Some proxies are listed below.
- http://www.proxy.org- The best proxy list available.
- HideMyAss- This is the largest proxy on the internet.
- My-Proxy - It's a free web proxy and has a web proxy list.
- A-Z Proxies
- A wml proxy site from Google. This proxy can access all pages no matter where you are. Its very useful on WAP enabled mobile handsets. All contents from web are available without any ads. Courtesy Harshad Joshi.
- www.boreproxy.com ((below the link for favourites you will find an edit box; enter URI there)
- Shadow Surf
- Proxy Unlimited
- Shy Surfer
- Dave Proxy - UK Based
- Access Blocked Sites
- Ninja Proxy
- SFAP Proxy
- Anonymouse Proxy (cookies are not stored, so you cannot submit comment with saved Username & Password.)
- Cheetah Rox
- Perfect Privacy
- Search in google for nph proxy.cgi, you'll get lots of free proxies.
- Information on JAP proxy which has a huge list of proxy servers and one could easily setup a PEERING point within India too if one wishes to.
Using TOR to bypass the blockEdit
By Using Google Web Accelerator - no longer available for downloadEdit
Downloadand install Google Web accelreator and bypass the BAN. When using GWA, you actually access the blogspot pages from the Google Proxy server, where they are cached and not directly from the blogspot server.
Via RSS ReadersEdit
- Search and find a RSS reader that you like. You can get applications as well as online readers.
- You will need to know the RSS feed URI for the blog that you are trying to reach. Some RSS readers uto-search for feeds if you enter the blog's URI. You can use a search engine again.
- Any decent RSS reader will come with instructions and Help files.
- Some RSS readers:
Use Coral Cache ServersEdit
Coral Cache Serverscan be used to view any static webpages and blogs. Just add "nyud.net:8080"to the domain name. For example, if you want to visit http://mumbaihelp.blogspot.com use http://mumbaihelp.blogspot.com.nyud.net:8080 . If you want to visit http://mumbaihelp.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_mumbaihelp_archive.html then use http://mumbaihelp.blogspot.com.nyud.net:8080/2006_07_01_mumbaihelp_archive.html
For sites blocked by domain names Edit
- Using google translate, e.g., if the blog is "blogyouwanttoread.blogspot.com", then use
For Tamil Blogs aggregated by thenkoodu.com Edit
- Bloggers Blockage - A Quick Solution For tamil blogs aggregated by Thenkoodu
- http://www.thenkoodu.com/dfontpageskip.php?url=http://XYZ.blogspot.com/2006/07/blog-postXXX.html - Basically meant for inserting dynamic fonts in tamil blogs. Will work for other blogs too.
For Malayalam Blogs aggregated by chintha.com Edit
Also see Malayalam-blogs at malayalam-blogs.blogspot.com/ for general information on fonts and other blogging sites in Malayalam.
For Mozilla Firefox Users Create a quick search
- Bookmark the above URL (Boomarks | Bookmark this page/Ctrl + D)
- Goto Bookmarks | Manage Bookmarks
- Right Click on the saved bookmark, goto Properties
- In the URL field replace u=blogyouwantedtoread.blogspot.com to u=%s
- In the keyword field give a simple name like bypass or dumbgoi etc.
- Now goto the address bar (Alt + D) and enter bypass blogname
- example (shameless plug hehe): bypass makash.wordpress.com
- Hope this helps you save some time and typing.
- How to Bypass Internet Censorship, a FLOSS manual updated in March 2011, 240 pages, available in .pdf and .html. If the website is blocked, please write to howtobypassinternetcensorchip <at> gmail.com
- How to Access Blocked Websites
- Boing Boing's guide to defeating Censorware Lots of links and good advice
- Reporters Without Borders -Technical ways to get around censorship
- Bypass Ban on Blogspot Blogs
- Google free proxy! Access restricted web sites using Google language tools service as a proxy. Essentially, you're asking Google to translate an English page into English.
- Workaround for censorship - Blogger way (via pkblogs)
- Escaping the censorship by Harshad Joshi